Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How do I place a rent-to-own offer on a house For Sale By Owner?

I'm looking to rent-to-own a house that is FSBO. In their online listing they said they are willing to do rent-to-own. I would simply like an answer to my question not a bunch of information about rent-to-own vs. buying a home. I am in Michigan if that helps.How do I place a rent-to-own offer on a house For Sale By Owner?
Simply contact the sellers indicating your desire to make such an offer. Unless the listing clearly identifies the terms of any such offer which would be acceptable to the sellers, you have no starting point whatsoever.





';Rent-to-own' is entirely different than an actual purchase agreement, and the terms of same vary widely. As well, use proper caution and a solid legal agreement to insure that both parties to such a transaction are properly covered and protected.How do I place a rent-to-own offer on a house For Sale By Owner?
Rent to own is really just a delayed sales contract. You agree to put so much of the rent you pay to the owner in escrow. And at the pre determined amount of time you agree to buy it for an agreed upon price. The other scenerio is that you pay after so many months the market price at that time, but most sellers won't agree to that. They want to know what they are getting if they take the house off the market so you can save up enough for a down payment.


I would look, instead, into an FHA loan in which you can ask the seller to pay the 3% down, and most of the closing costs. Then you need very little down or money at closing. Get a good lender to help you and a good realtor to guide you. It doesn't cost the buyer anything to use both of these professionals to help.


Good Luck.
Go to yahoo put FSBO in search engine then select owners.com


they have a free listing area that even prints flyer's I know I am own it. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment